Run your brick-and-mortar and E-Commerce store in one platform. Whether shoppers browse your store in person or from their smartphones, with Vend system, you can offer a consistent experience and the same great service.
Vend and OmniChannel integration
Before starting integration with Octopus, first you need to create a personal token and register an ID. Once you acquired the token and ID go to Vend Setting Details page in Octopus and enter the following details. See page 2
- API Base URl = vend application url like abc.vendhq.com
- Vend login username
- Vend login password
- Personal Token and
- Register ID
The Start Synchronization button allows you to manually upload or update product items from Vend to the Channel.
Vend Setting Details
The setting tab is where you can enter the Vend API details to connect Octopus to Vend. Make sure to secure your Vend API details first before starting the integration.
You can select the sync status to enable or disable if you want to automatically update items from Octopus to your E-Commerce website.
Vend Custom Rules
You can set scheduler time to automatically update or upload product data from Vend POS. Scheduler time is set by time intervals.
You also have the option to select all products to be imported to the Channel.
Make sure to do the following before setting up POS integration with OmniChannel:
1. Word Press Administator has created a Read/Write account for OmniChannel. This allows OmniChannel to generate the necessary API key.
2. Merchant needs to prepare a category structure in WooCommerce. The category structure in WooCommerce will be mapped with POS category structure.
POS configuration for OmniChannel
An authorized OmniChannel Account Manager will help set up a merchant account for OmniChannel (Channel).
Obtain OmniChannel URL and API Keys. This information is to be setup at the POS system level.
Depending on the POS system being used, it may:
● Either have a built-in ability for configuration, or
● It uses Octopus link
Note: In configuring OmniChannel link, make sure to check Octopus manual for your specific POS system configuration.
After following configuration guide, please upload a few test items into the Channel
WooCommerce API Requirements
WooCommerce API version must be v2.0
To check version, use the following URL
DomainName.com is the URL where Woocommerce website is being hosted.
Generating WooCommerce API key
Prior to initiating this process, ensure that WordPress admin has setup a OmniChannel account to obtain API details. Follow the steps below:
First, login to ‘WordPress Admin section’.
The link format would be: http://DomainName.com/wp-admin
Once logged in: click on 1. ‘WooCommerce’ tab > 2. Click on Settings > 3. Click on API > 4. Under ‘Keys/Apps’ click on ‘Add Key’
After following Configuration documentation, upload a few test items into the Channel.
Continue to next page…
Once you clicked on add key, go to Key/Apps tab.
- Type in the description ‘OmniChannel Commerce’
- Type in the name of the user.
- Choose Read/Write under Permissions.
- Then click Generate API Key button
Note: Make sure to Copy/Paste the key in notepad. Once Saved, this information cannot be viewed again.
Setting up Channel to connect with WooCommerce
First you need to login at: http://gui.octopusbridge.com
Login using your account details:
● Password, and
● Merchant Name
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Woocommerce > Settings
Type in the following information
- Woocommerce Key:
- Woocommerce Secret Key:
- Woocommerce Base URL
Enable Pass-through for first time configuration, this option should be set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your WooCommerce platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your WooCommerce platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
WooCommerce have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in WooCommerce. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in WooCommerce first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download WooCommerce Category:
- First you need to click on the Download Category tab
- Then click on the ‘Download’ button
- Once you download categories it will show how many categories that are downloaded successfully.
Note: Always download category to update the category in the channel every time you create a new category in WooCommerce.
Configure Channel to Publish data
When items are uploaded from the POS into the channel, they are uploaded with POS Department & Category structure. At the Channel level, it’s called Source Categories.
POS Category structure may or may not be same as WooCommerce category structure.
This option allows to ‘map’ POS category structure to WooCommerce Categories so that POS items are placed in the right category when loaded into WooCommerce platform.
- The Left hand side shows the POS category structure.
- Department & Categories downloaded from WooCommerce are shown on the right hand side with a drop-down menus.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped categories. To map additional categories, click unmapped categories from the drop-down menu.
Note: If it does not show your WooCommerce categories, you need to download categories first to update this.
Merchants using various POS systems may use any of the fields within a POS while creating items. Map Fields option allows a merchant to map WooCommerce product fields with their own POS product fields.
For example, Woo website Product Name (Title) can be mapped with any of the POS data fields provided in the drop-down menu.
This also provides an option NOT to send certain POS data to Woo Commerce website.
Some fields, such as, SKU and Quantity are mandatory and are automatically updated in the website.
Publish Items to Shopping cart / Marketplace
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. In Product Management tab…
- First you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting two items.
- Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below we are selecting WooCommerce as our shopping cart.
- Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the SCM (Shopping Cart Module).
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up for, will be shown in My Products page.
Woocommerce Shopping cart
Woo Commerce: This screen shows items that have been enabled to be sync with Woo. To publish items to Woo, Select All Pages and Publish. When an item has been successfully set up to sync with Woo, it shows its Woo Commerce ID. If an ID is missing, it means the item is not yet syncing with Woo.
- This screen shows items that have been enabled to be sync with Woocommerce. To publish items to Woocommerce, Select All Pages and Publish.
- You can also use the boxes to the right to select the specific item to publish.
- Product SKU: The icon beside the product SKU is an indicator if a product item is successfully forwarded to the website / Marketplace. Green means successfully added while red means it is not successfully added.
- When an item has been successfully set up to sync with Woocommerce, it shows its Woocommerce ID: If an ID is missing, it means the item is not yet synchronized with Woocommerce.
- Add Product to Woocommerce: This button allows you to add products to Woocommerce Website.
- Search tab: This tab allows you to search a specific item by entering the product SKU or keyword. It also displays how many items are in a Woocommerce.
- Item per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
Product Sync status
Product Sync status: In Process / Complete Please note while In Process is enabled, any new updates will be queued up. You can keep adding tasks in queue. While the synch is scheduled, the In Process status will come and go. Every time there is an update from POS, it will turn on but eventually turns off once it’s done. Once done syncing it will show ‘Complete’.