Run your brick-and-mortar and E-Commerce store in one platform. Whether shoppers browse your store in person or from their smartphones, with Vend system, you can offer a consistent experience and the same great service.
Vend and OmniChannel integration
Before starting integration with Octopus, first you need to create a personal token and register an ID. Once you acquired the token and ID go to Vend Setting Details page in Octopus and enter the following details. See page 2
- API Base URl = vend application url like abc.vendhq.com
- Vend login username
- Vend login password
- Personal Token and
- Register ID
The Start Synchronization button allows you to manually upload or update product items from Vend to the Channel.
Vend Setting Details
The setting tab is where you can enter the Vend API details to connect Octopus to Vend. Make sure to secure your Vend API details first before starting the integration.
You can select the sync status to enable or disable if you want to automatically update items from Octopus to your E-Commerce website.
Vend Custom Rules
You can set scheduler time to automatically update or upload product data from Vend POS. Scheduler time is set by time intervals.
You also have the option to select all products to be imported to the Channel.
Generating Amazon API Credentials
All Amazon Services accounts, except for Individual-Selling on Amazon accounts, are eligible to use MWS. If you are an individual seller and would like to use MWS, you can become eligible to register for MWS by upgrading to a Professional seller account.
Once you acquire Professional seller account.
Go to this link https://developer.amazonservices.com/ and Sign up for MWS
Next, make sure to select ‘I want to give a developer access to my Amazon seller account with MWS’. Type in Developer’s Name OmniChannel then enter the Developer Account number.
Read and accept Amazon MWS License Agreement then click ‘Next’.
Once you are done, you can now view your account identifiers which are the Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and MWS Auth Token, which OmniChannel will need to access your Amazon seller account.
Once logged in go to Setting. Credentials are generated from Amazon MWS. After generating credentials, fill up Amazon credentials on this page.
Once you click on Amazon marketplace, you will be routed to Amazon products page. This is where you can view all the products that you pushed from Product management.
- You can check the box/es to the right to select specific item/s to publish.
- Search tab: This tab allows you search a specific item by entering the product SKU or keyword. It also displays how many items are in Amazon.
- Edit Product: Click to edit or update product information before publishing to Amazon. You can set Price, Quantity and SKU from here.
- Sync Amazon: This button allows you to sync products to Amazon Marketplace.
- Delete Products: You can delete product items from Amazon bucket.
Amazon Product Details
ASIN – Amazon Standard Identification Number. If ASIN is shown in product details or Amazon Products page, it means that product is successfully synced to Amazon.
Map Item Code
- Sample Identifications: You can download sample identifications format and add items to upload to Channel.
- Import Identifications: You can download spreadsheet with existing products in Amazon bucket. You can make some changes from spreadsheet and re-upload product items.
- Choose file: Select a file to upload. Make sure spreadsheet file follows the Sample Identifications format.
- Upload file: Upload file after choosing a spreadsheet file.
You can manually download orders from Amazon on a specific date period. You can click on radio button selections or just type in the ‘date from’ and ‘date to’ then click Download Order button.
Download AMZ Data
- Seller SKU – seller SKU is mapped from the POS.
- Amazon will overwrite product data when these are set to Yes.
Stock Rule: You can select which Stock rule to use. Safety Net rule or Quantity rule. The quantity inserted in the box will be reduced from the Product Management stock. For example: In Product Management, if total quantity of an item is 50 and you inserted 10 in the ‘Enter Value’ field; in Amazon, the quantity of the item will be shown as 40.
1. Safety Net rule – set rule to prevent items from selling when this number is reached. For example, in example below, when an item available quantity is reached 2, the items will be delisted from Amazon.
2. Set Quantity Rule – Can be used if you have more than 1 item to sell but you want to list only 1 item at a time. This gives the shoppers a sense of urgency. When the listed item is sold, it relists another one automatically.
Octopus Channel Intro
Once you are signed up to Octopus Bridge, you will be given the login details. Login details are your Email and Password. You can login to your account at http://gui.octopusbridge.com.
Once you login to the Octopus using your login details, you are automatically routed to the Product Management tab. Here, you can see all the product items uploaded from the POS.
When POS items are uploaded into the Channel, they show up under the “Product Management” tab. This is where a user can further modify the products before they are pushed to an E-commerce platform.
The topmost item or the first item displayed in this page is the last item uploaded from the POS. Example shown below: The item with Product SKU number “100472991036” is the last item uploaded from the POS.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.1 below.
1. Advance search: To use Advance Search, click on the round symbol with the plus sign on the right side of the screen.
2. Shopping cart module: To select a shopping cart module, click on the check-box beside the name. This gives you the option on what shopping cart you want to push your selected items. Please note you will see only the platforms for which you have subscribed.
3. Select All Pages: Checking this box Selects ALL items on all pages that are under ‘My Products’.
4. Items per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
5. Clicking on this check-box will select all the items shown on the current page.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.2 below.
6. Clicking on the product SKU or Item Name will allow you to edit product information.
7. Delete: To delete one item from the channel, select the check-box and click on the ‘trash bin’ icon located on the right side of the screen.
8. Archive: To Archi