Retail Management Hero is a point of sale solution for small to midsize businesses and single-store operations in industries such as convenience, grocery, apparel, sporting goods, wine and spirits, gift and specialty… Retail Management Hero includes an offline version for when the internet is unavailable.
Octopus RMH Link Installation Guide
Step 1: Click on the Octopus Link executable file.
Step 2: Once Octopus Setup Wizard will open, Click on ‘Next‘.
Step 3: Click on ‘Browse‘ and select the file location where RMH Link will be installed. After selecting file location click on ‘Next’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Next‘ to start the installation.
Step 5: Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Close‘.
Step 6: After your click close an Octopus Plug-in icon will show on your Desktop.
Step 7: Click on the Plugin icon to open User Authentication. Type in your Username, Password and click ‘Browse‘ to enter the License key provided and click Continue
Step 8: Enter the Database Information for RMH and Click ‘Save Database Information‘.
Step 9: Access the Octopus Plugin from the Taskbar menu located on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Right click on the Yellow Octopus icon and it will display a few options you can select.
Step 10: Scheduler settings can be Set/Changed under the “Options” tab
Step 11: Once you have set-up the Scheduler, you can to go to the Addresses tab to install, start or stop the service. (Always perform this step after you set the scheduler and save the settings)
Before syncing product items from POS to your BigCommerce account, we need to obtain BigCommerce API credentials. Below are the steps in obtaining BigCommerce API credentials.
1. To obtain API, first click on Advance Settings
2. Next, click on Legacy API Settings
3. Then click on Create a Legacy API Account
4. Type in OmniChannel under Username. Make sure to copy API details. You will need to enter this credentials in your OmniChannel Channel account.
5. Then click the Save button on the lower right hand corner of the screen.
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Bigcommerce > Settings
Type in the following information
- Bigcommerce Key:
- Bigcommerce Secret Key:
- Bigcommerce Base URL:
Enable Pass-through for first time configuration, this option should be set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Bigcommerce have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download Bigcommerce Category:
- First you need to click on the Download Category tab
- Then click on the ‘Download’ button
- Once you download categories it will show how many categories that are downloaded successfully.
Note: Always download category to update the category in the channel every time you create a new category in Bigcommerce.
Configure Channel to Publish data
When items are uploaded from a POS into Channel, they are uploaded with POS Department & Category structure. At the Channel level, it’s called Source Categories.
POS Category structure may or may not be the same as Bigcommerce Category structure.This option allows to ‘map’ POS category structure to Bigcommerce Categories so that POS items are placed in the right category when loaded into Magento platform.
- The Left hand side shows the POS category structure.
- Department & Categories downloaded from Bigcommerce are shown on the right hand side with a drop-down box.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped categories. To map additional categories, click unmapped categories from the drop-down menu, then select which category to map.
Note: If it does not show your Magento categories, you need to download categories first to update this.
You can download the Brands of product items displayed in Bigcommerce platform. Click on the download Button to start downloading. Once Brands are downloaded in Channel, they will show in Map Brands section. Map Brands shown on the next page.
This option allows to ‘map’ POS Brand structure to Bigcommerce Brands so that POS brand labels are placed in the right item when loaded into Bigcommerce platform.
- The Left-hand side shows the POS Brand structure.
- Downloaded Bigcommerce Brands from Bigcommerce platform are shown on the right-hand side with a drop-down box.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped brands. To map additional brands, click unmapped Brands from the drop-down menu, then select which brand to map.
Merchants using various POS systems may use any of the fields within a POS while creating items. Map Fields option allows a merchant to map Bigcommerce product fields with their own POS product fields.
For example, Bigcommerce website Product Name (Title) can be mapped with any of the POS data fields provided in the pull-down menu.
This also provides an option NOT to send certain POS data to Magento website.
Some fields, such as, SKU and Quantity are mandatory and are automatically updated in the website.
Publish POS/Channel data into Bigcommerce
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. In Product Management tab…
- First, you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting two items.
- Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below, we are selecting Bigcommerce as our shopping cart.
- Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the SCM (Shopping Cart Module).
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up for, will be shown in My Products page.
Bigcommerce Shopping cart
Bigcommerce Products page shows all point of sale products that are sync from the POS, Shopping Carts Module (SCM) shows only those items that are being updated to a shopping cart.
In Product Management, when an Item is selected to be published to an ecommerce platform, it is first sent to the Shopping Cart Module. SCM for each supported shopping cart, including marketplaces, like – Amazon and eBay, gives users the ability to define shopping cart specific rules. In this manual we are using Magento shopping cart.
To view products in Magento shopping cart:
- First, hover your mouse to the Shopping Carts tab. Click Magento under the drop down menu
- Click on Bigcommerce Products
Continue to next page…
Bigcommerce: This screen shows items that have been enabled to be sync with Bigcommerce. To publish items to Bigcommerce, select All Pages and Publish. When an item has been successfully setup to sync with Bigcommerce, it shows its Bigcommerce ID. If an ID is missing, it means the item is not yet syncing with the website.
- This screen shows items that have been enabled to be sync with Woocommerce. To publish items to Bigcommerce, Select All Pages and Publish.
- You can also use the boxes to the right to select specific item to publish.
- Product SKU: The icon besides the product SKU is an indicator if a product item is successfully forwarded to the website / Marketplace. Green means successfully added while red means it is not successfully added.
- When an item has been successfully setup to sync with Woocommerce, it shows its Bigcommerce ID: If an ID is missing, it means the item is not yet synchronized with Woocommerce.
- Add Product to Woocommerce: This button allows you to add products to Bigcommerce Website.
- Search tab: This tab allows you search a specific item by entering the product SKU or keyword. It also displays how many items are in a Bigcommerce.
- Item per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
Product Sync status
Product Sync status: In Process / Complete Please note while In Process is enabled, any new updates will be queued up. You can keep adding tasks in queue. While the synch is scheduled, the In Process status will come and go. Every time there is an update from POS, it will turn on but eventually turns off once it’s done. Once done syncing it will show ‘Complete’.
Under Custom Rules, Merchant can set various rules before publishing the product data into online store.
1. Custom Title: The Product Name can be edited and made Search Engine friendly.
2. Stock Rule: The quantity inserted in the box will be reduced from the Product Management stock. For example: In Product Management, if total quantity of an item is 50 and you inserted 10 in the ‘Enter Value’ field; in Bigcommerce, the quantity of the item will be shown as 40.
3. Out of Stock Rule: Select the Checkbox if you want to delete products from Online Store when stock reaches at ‘Zero’.
4. Product Availability: Choose product availability if it is Available, Disabled or Pre Order status.
5. Product Color Option:: Select to choose different color option.
6. Product Other Option Type: select to choose different style options.
7. Default Weight: You can set default weight of products from here.
8. Convert Matrix Items into Standard Items: This gives you the option to convert matrix items to All – Selecting All will convert all Source Matrix items into Standard items before publishing them on the website, With One Variation – this option will convert only those Source Matrix items into Standard where there is only one Variation or if it Does Not Apply.
9. Option Prefix:
Octopus Channel Intro
Once you are signed up to Octopus Bridge, you will be given the login details. Login details are your Email and Password. You can login to your account at http://gui.octopusbridge.com.
Once you login to the Octopus using your login details, you are automatically routed to the Product Management tab. Here, you can see all the product items uploaded from the POS.
When POS items are uploaded into the Channel, they show up under the “Product Management” tab. This is where a user can further modify the products before they are pushed to an E-commerce platform.
The topmost item or the first item displayed in this page is the last item uploaded from the POS. Example shown below: The item with Product SKU number “100472991036” is the last item uploaded from the POS.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.1 below.
1. Advance search: To use Advance Search, click on the round symbol with the plus sign on the right side of the screen.
2. Shopping cart module: To select a shopping cart module, click on the check-box beside the name. This gives you the option on what shopping cart you want to push your selected items. Please note you will see only the platforms for which you have subscribed.
3. Select All Pages: Checking this box Selects ALL items on all pages that are under ‘My Products’.
4. Items per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
5. Clicking on this check-box will select all the items shown on the current page.