You can launch the Octopus Link by double-clicking the Desktop Icon on the screen.
Note: Make sure Retail Pro 9 is already opened and logged in.
You can launch the Octopus Link by double-clicking the Desktop Icon on the screen.
Note: Make sure Retail Pro 9 is already opened and logged in.
After the link starts, it will display an icon in the System Tray which is located at the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Right-click the icon to open the Menu for the Link (Image shown below).
This tab is used to connect Octopus Link to Octopus Channel.
Note: Please Do NOT modify the settings. Octopus Commerce team configures these settings for you.
This Tab is used to set:
Note: Please DO NOT modify these settings. Octopus team configures these settings for you during installation.
|Web Schedule Options|
|Hours / Minutes||Allows setting the frequency – how frequently you want to UPLOAD product to the website and DOWNLOAD web orders into Retail Pro.|
|Inventory Schedule Options|
|Hours / Minutes||Allows setting the frequency – how frequently you want to UPDATE the existing inventory in the website.|
|Retail Pro Options|
|Subsidiary Name||Pick the Subsidiary Name.|
|Store/Station Code (ECM)||Insert Store Code where Web Orders are supposed to be downloaded.|
|Store No.||Insert Store No.|
|WS ID||Insert Workstation ID|
|Item Qty||Select which Quantity to pick and send to web store – Company QuantityORStore Quantity|
|Price Level||Allows you pick prices from the Price Level of your choice.|
|Stock Checking||Stock Checking can be set to Yes or No. If Yes, only in-stock items would be activated will be displayed in search results.|
|Unique Code||Select the Unique Code out of – ITEM ID, ALU, ITEM NUMBER & LOCAL UPC
|Image Upload Path|
|Image Style||Parent SKU||Define Style Grids By|
|Sku.jpg||Style grid code||Desc1, OR
|Stylecode_Color.jpg||Style ID||Desc1, OR
|Stylecode_Color.jpg||Style grid code||Desc1, OR
|RPro Image||Style ID|
|RPro Image||Style grid code||Desc1, OR
|Retail Pro Options|
|Sales order||If it is checked, it will create sales order when Order is downloaded|
|Receipt||If it is checked, it will create Receipt when Order is downloaded|
|Both||If both are checked, It will create, SO, Receipt and Deposits.|
|Checkbox is Selected||Log file location: C:\WI_Log
Backup of Log file location: C:\WI_Log_BackUp
This Tab is used to map Web store database fields with Retail Pro.
Note: Octopus Commerce team configures these settings for you during installation.
Once the installation is complete, the Downloading, Uploading and Removing of items and orders becomes automated using the Scheduler.
If a synch is needed before the next scheduler run, you can use these buttons to ‘Upload’ products and ‘Download’ web orders manually.
This interface allows you to upload Product Images to the Website.
Note: Make sure the images path has been defined correctly under Configurations Settings >Options Tab
In this screen, you can decide which Retail Pro items you want to upload in your web store. Only the ‘Web-Enabled’ items will be synched up with your website.
You can use this this screen to update the status of selected items in bulk.
You can export all items which are either:
Once the items are exported, change the status of the items from ‘YES’ to ‘NO’ or ‘NO’ to ‘YES’ according to your requirements.
Before syncing product items from POS to your BigCommerce account, we need to obtain BigCommerce API credentials. Below are the steps in obtaining BigCommerce API credentials.
1. To obtain API, first click on Advance Settings
2. Next, click on Legacy API Settings
3. Then click on Create a Legacy API Account
4. Type in OmniChannel under Username. Make sure to copy API details. You will need to enter this credentials in your OmniChannel Channel account.
5. Then click the Save button on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
First you need to login at: www.OmniChannelChannel.com
Login using your account details:
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Bigcommerce > Settings
Type in the following information
Enable Pass-through for first time configuration, this option should be set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Bigcommerce have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download Bigcommerce Category:
Note: Always download category to update the category in the channel every time you create a new category in Bigcommerce.
When items are uploaded from a POS into Channel, they are uploaded with POS Department & Category structure. At the Channel level, it’s called Source Categories.
POS Category structure may or may not be the same as Bigcommerce Category structure.This option allows to ‘map’ POS category structure to Bigcommerce Categories so that POS items are placed in the right category when loaded into Magento platform.
Note: If it does not show your Magento categories, you need to download categories first to update this.
You can download the Brands of product items displayed in Bigcommerce platform. Click on the download Button to start downloading. Once Brands are downloaded in Channel, they will show in Map Brands section. Map Brands shown on the next page.
This option allows to ‘map’ POS Brand structure to Bigcommerce Brands so that POS brand labels are placed in the right item when loaded into Bigcommerce platform.
Merchants using various POS systems may use any of the fields within a POS while creating items. Map Fields option allows a merchant to map Bigcommerce product fields with their own POS product fields.
For example, Bigcommerce website Product Name (Title) can be mapped with any of the POS data fields provided in the pull-down menu.
This also provides an option NOT to send certain POS data to Magento website.
Some fields, such as, SKU and Quantity are mandatory and are automatically updated in the website.
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. In Product Management tab…
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up for, will be shown in My Products page.
Bigcommerce Products page shows all point of sale products that are sync from the POS, Shopping Carts Module (SCM) shows only those items that are being updated to a shopping cart.
In Product Management, when an Item is selected to be published to an ecommerce platform, it is first sent to the Shopping Cart Module. SCM for each supported shopping cart, including marketplaces, like – Amazon and eBay, gives users the ability to define shopping cart specific rules. In this manual we are using Magento shopping cart.
To view products in Magento shopping cart:
Continue to next page…
Bigcommerce: This screen shows items that have been enabled to be sync with Bigcommerce. To publish items to Bigcommerce, select All Pages and Publish. When an item has been successfully set up to sync with Bigcommerce, it shows its Bigcommerce ID. If an ID is missing, it means the item is not yet syncing with the website.
Product Sync status: In Process / Complete Please note while In Process is enabled, any new updates will be queued up. You can keep adding tasks in queue. While the synch is scheduled, the In Process status will come and go. Every time there is an update from POS, it will turn on but eventually turns off once it’s done. Once done syncing it will show ‘Complete’.
Under Custom Rules, Merchant can set various rules before publishing the product data into online store.
1. Custom Title: The Product Name can be edited and made Search Engine friendly.
2. Stock Rule: The quantity inserted in the box will be reduced from the Product Management stock. For example: In Product Management, if total quantity of an item is 50 and you inserted 10 in the ‘Enter Value’ field; in Bigcommerce, the quantity of the item will be shown as 40.
3. Out of Stock Rule: Select the Checkbox if you want to delete products from Online Store when stock reaches at ‘Zero’.
4. Product Availability: Choose product availability if it is Available, Disabled or Pre Order status.
5. Product Color Option:: Select to choose different color option.
6. Product Other Option Type: select to choose different style options.
7. Default Weight: You can set default weight of products from here.
8. Convert Matrix Items into Standard Items: This gives you the option to convert matrix items to All – Selecting All will convert all Source Matrix items into Standard items before publishing them on the website, With One Variation – this option will convert only those Source Matrix items into Standard where there is only one Variation or if it Does Not Apply.
9. Option Prefix:
Once you are signed up to Octopus Bridge, you will be given the login details. Login details are your Email and Password. You can login to your account at http://gui.octopusbridge.com.
Once you login to the Octopus using your login details, you are automatically routed to the Product Management tab. Here, you can see all the product items uploaded from the POS.
When POS items are uploaded into the Channel, they show up under the “Product Management” tab. This is where a user can further modify the products before they are pushed to an E-commerce platform.
The topmost item or the first item displayed in this page is the last item uploaded from the POS. Example shown below: The item with Product SKU number “100472991036” is the last item uploaded from the POS.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.1 below.
1. Advance search: To use Advance Search, click on the round symbol with the plus sign on the right side of the screen.
2. Shopping cart module: To select a shopping cart module, click on the check-box beside the name. This gives you the option on what shopping cart you want to push your selected items. Please note you will see only the platforms for which you have subscribed.
3. Select All Pages: Checking this box Selects ALL items on all pages that are under ‘My Products’.
4. Items per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
5. Clicking on this check-box will select all the items shown on the current page.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.2 below.
6. Clicking on the product SKU or Item Name will allow you to edit product information.
7. Delete: To delete one item from the channel, select the check-box and click on the ‘trash bin’ icon located on the right side of the screen.
8. Archive: To Archive items click on this symbol located below the delete icon.
9. Clicking on this box allows you to select one item or multiple items.
You can search for a specific item using this Channel feature by typing in the Item SKU, Parent SKU. You can also filter number of items by other specific values, like the (brand, category, date, etc.)
If Product items are not shown after doing search, it means that the product item is not yet linked from the POS. Also, make sure that in searching items you are using the correct Item SKU or Parent SKU. Example below shows that item is not yet found in the Channel.
Clicking on Product SKU or Item Name will bring you to ‘Edit product’ page. This is where you can edit products’ information that are linked from the POS to Octopus Channel. Image 3.1 on the next page shows all the product information you can edit.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 3.1 on the next page.
If you do have a point of sale system or want to quickly edit items by Exporting / Importing multiple items, Import Products is a great option.
Add New Template:
You can view the past import activities in the channel by clicking on Import History.
You can use POS code mapping if you want to map POS value to Channel value. POS value are commonly in a form of a code. For example blk. You need to set blk into black which is more understandable for users viewing the website. You can also map multiple values at the same time using a spreadsheet format.
1. POS Code Upload Format: You can view the excel format by clicking.
2. Choose File: select spreadsheet file to upload.
3. Click on upload after selecting file.
4. Select Field Name.
5. Replace All Value: Click to replace value after selecting Field Name.
6. Item per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
7. Search: You can search specific value using the search bar.
8. Channel Value: Edit Channel value here.
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. Please follow the steps below to publish.
1. First you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting three items.
2. Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below we are selecting Shopify as our shopping cart.
3. Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the Shopify ‘bucket’.
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up, will be shown in My Products page.
Once you have selected and added your product items to a specific Shopping cart module or Marketplace module ‘bucket’, they will start appearing under the respective bucket. Images are shown below.
Shopping Carts tab
Order management tab is where you can view all the order details downloaded from your E-commerce platform.
Note: One order may contain more than one product item.
Orders are downloaded automatically from the E-commerce platform to the Channel on a scheduled basis. You can also manually download orders from a specific E-commerce platform. Just click on the orders tab in the Shopping cart module you selected then click on ‘Download orders from..’ button.
Order details page is where you can view all the order information downloaded from an E-commerce platform.
Order information (upper part) – Order number, Order date, Current Order status, Billing and shipping address, and customer contact details.
Order information (lower part) – SKU, Identification number, Seller SKU, Description, Quantity, and Total value of the item/s.
View all the Channel activities and errors in the ‘Logs’ tab.
Log Details is where you can view the log activities or the error details in the channel.
I can’t see my product items uploaded from PoS.
Check if the item/s are imported in Product Management first, then check Shopping ca..
Images are not uploading from PoS to website.
Check Octopus if images are shown Product Management or in product details. If images are shown. Make sure items are in the Shopping Cart Module and uploaded or updated to Ecommerce platform. If problem still occurs please contact [email protected]
Product information are not updating in the website.
First, check if product data is updating in Octopus, if product data is in Octopus make sure that data or information is mapped to the correct fields by checking the nap fields section of SCM.
How do I know if Product items are uploaded to the website successfully?
Login to you website backend and check if product items are showing up. You can also check Shopping Cart module if it generates an ID.
How do I know if orders are downloaded to Octopus successfully?
Please refer to page 32.
Is there a way to automate downloading of orders from E-Commerce website to PoS?
Since we don’t have this option in the Channel, contact helpdesk and they will make the adjustments from the backend.
The number of items in PoS does not match the number of items in Octopus.
Some PoS Systems count their Matrix items as one item regardless of the number of variations it has while in Octopus each item are counted as individual items.