Run your business Connect with customers. Sell Anywhere. NCR Counterpoint is the specialty retail management system that integrates the front and back offices seamlessly, enabling you to grow your business. Our comprehensive and flexible solution will manage your business’s details so you can focus on what truly matters: your customers.
Counterpoint and OmniChannel integration
Before starting integration with Octopus, first, you need to contact with Counterpoint team to enable the API. Once API is enabled, you need to create an API user using CounterPoint WebAPI user interface. After creating the API user client needs to assign endpoints to that user. After API user is assigned, go to CounterPoint settings page in Octopus and enter the following details.
- Base URL – API base URL provided by counterpoint
- API Key – API key provided by Counter Point
- Company Name – From where you want to sync the inventory
- API username – API user username
- API Password – API user password
The Sync Data button allows you to manually upload or update product items from Counterpoint to the Channel.
Counterpoint Setting Details
The setting tab is where you can enter the Counterpoint API details to connect Octopus to Counterpoint. Make sure to secure your Counterpoint API details first before starting the integration.
Counterpoint Custom Rules
You can set scheduler time to automatically update or upload product data from Counterpoint POS. Scheduler time is set by time intervals.
You also have the option to select all products to be imported to the Channel.
Main Store ID – type in which store ID to use if you have multiple stores.
Stock Location ID – select the location of the stock if you have divided stocks into groups.
Before setting up POS integration with the channel, make sure that you have done the following:
1. Magento admin has created a Read/Write account for OmniChannel. This allows OmniChannel to generate necessary API key.
2. Merchant needs to prepare a Category structure in Magento. This will be mapped with Point of Sale Category structure.
Magento API Requirements
Kindly provide the following details of Magento:
2. Magento Admin URL
3. Admin Login / Password
4. DataBase Name, Database UserName, Database Password
5. Table Name prefix.
NOTE: You can get prefix from Cpanel => PHP Admin => database => Name of Table
There may be 4 to 6 characters before the name of the table.
Note: Make sure to create a backup to all files and database of Magento store before sharing the above information with OmniChannel Commerce team.
This is just a precautionary step to avoid any unexpected situation.
Configuring POS System for OmniChannel Channel
An authorized OmniChannel Account Manager will help set up a merchant account on OmniChannel Channel (Channel Manager).
Obtain OmniChannel Channel URL, and API Keys. This information is to be setup at the POS system level.
Depending on the POS system being used, it may:
• Either have a built-in ability for configuration, Or
• It uses OmniChannel Link
Note: For OmniChannel Link configuration, please check OmniChannel Link documentation for your specific POS system.
After following Configuration documentation, upload a few test items into the Channel.
Generating Magento API Key
Log into your Magento store and follow the steps bellow:
Step I: Create a Web Service Role
1. From the Admin menu, select System > Web Services > SOAP / XML RPC Roles.
2. In the Role Information section, enter a Role Name such as “API.”
3. Click the Add New Role button.
4. Once API role is added, click on API to the left. It will bring you to another page.
5. In the panel to the left, select Role Resources. Set Resource Access to “All” to enable full access to customer, catalog, and sales information.
6. When complete, click the Save Role button.
Continue to the next page…
Step II: Create a Web Service User
1. From the Admin menu, select System > Web Services > SOAP / XML RPC Users.
2. Click the Add New User button.
3. Complete the following fields:
- User Name
- First Name
- Last Name
4. In the API Key field, enter a verification key or password. This is the credential that third-party web services must use to access your Magento store. This can be any string of letters or numbers you can remember.
5. To confirm, re-enter the key in the API Key Confirmation field.
6. In the panel on the left, select User Role.
7. Then, select a User Role for the user.
8. When complete, click the Save User button.
Setting up Channel to connect with Magento
Go to: gui.octopusbridge.com
Login using your account details:
- Password, and
- Merchant Name
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Magento > Settings
Type in the following information
- Magento API URL
- Magento User ID
- Magento Password
Enable Pass-through: While setting up the integration, this option should be first set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Magento platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system for the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Magento platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Magento have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in Magento. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in Magento first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download Magento Category:
1. First, you need to click on the Download Category tab
2. Then click on the ‘Download’ button
Note: Always download category to update the category in the channel every time you create a new category in Magento.
Configure Channel to Publish data
When items are uploaded from a POS into Channel, they are uploaded with POS Department & Category structure. At the Channel level, it’s called Source Categories.
POS Category structure may or may not be the same as Magento Category structure.
This option allows to ‘map’ POS category structure to Magento Categories so that POS items are placed in the right category when loaded into Magento platform.
- The Left hand side shows the POS category structure.
- Department & Categories downloaded from Magento are shown on the right hand side with a drop-down box.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped categories. To map additional categories, click unmapped categories from the drop-down menu, then select which category to map.
Note: If it does not show your Magento categories, you need to download categories first to update this.
Merchants using various POS systems may use any of the fields within a POS while creating items. Map Fields option allows a merchant to map Magento product fields with their own POS product fields.
For example, Magento website Product Name (Title) can be mapped with any of the POS data fields provided in the pull-down menu.
This also provides an option NOT to send certain POS data to Magento website.
Some fields, such as, SKU and Quantity are mandatory and are automatically updated in the website.
Publish POS/Channel data into Magento
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. In Product Management tab…
- First, you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting two items.
- Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below, we are selecting Magento as our shopping cart.
- Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the SCM (Shopping Cart Module)
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up for, will be shown in My Products page.
Magento Shopping cart
Magento Products page shows all point of sale products that are sync from the POS, Shopping Carts Module (SCM) shows only those items that are being updated to a shopping cart.
In Product Management, when an Item is selected to be published to an ecommerce platform, it is first sent to the Shopping Cart Module. SCM for each supported