Run your business Connect with customers. Sell Anywhere. NCR Counterpoint is the specialty retail management system that integrates the front and back offices seamlessly, enabling you to grow your business. Our comprehensive and flexible solution will manage your business’s details so you can focus on what truly matters: your customers.
Counterpoint and OmniChannel integration
Before starting integration with Octopus, first, you need to contact with Counterpoint team to enable the API. Once API is enabled, you need to create an API user using CounterPoint WebAPI user interface. After creating the API user client needs to assign endpoints to that user. After API user is assigned, go to CounterPoint settings page in Octopus and enter the following details.
- Base URL – API base URL provided by counterpoint
- API Key – API key provided by Counter Point
- Company Name – From where you want to sync the inventory
- API username – API user username
- API Password – API user password
The Sync Data button allows you to manually upload or update product items from Counterpoint to the Channel.
Counterpoint Setting Details
The setting tab is where you can enter the Counterpoint API details to connect Octopus to Counterpoint. Make sure to secure your Counterpoint API details first before starting the integration.
Counterpoint Custom Rules
You can set scheduler time to automatically update or upload product data from Counterpoint POS. Scheduler time is set by time intervals.
You also have the option to select all products to be imported to the Channel.
Main Store ID – type in which store ID to use if you have multiple stores.
Stock Location ID – select the location of the stock if you have divided stocks into groups.
Before syncing product items from POS to your BigCommerce account, we need to obtain BigCommerce API credentials. Below are the steps in obtaining BigCommerce API credentials.
1. To obtain API, first click on Advance Settings
2. Next, click on Legacy API Settings
3. Then click on Create a Legacy API Account
4. Type in OmniChannel under Username. Make sure to copy API details. You will need to enter this credentials in your OmniChannel Channel account.
5. Then click the Save button on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Setting up Channel to connect with Bigcommerce
First you need to login at: www.OmniChannelChannel.com
Login using your account details:
- Password, and
- Merchant Name
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Bigcommerce > Settings
Type in the following information
- Bigcommerce Key:
- Bigcommerce Secret Key:
- Bigcommerce Base URL:
Enable Pass-through for first time configuration, this option should be set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Bigcommerce have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download Bigcommerce Category:
- First you need to click on the Download Category tab
- Then click on the ‘Download’ button
- Once you download categories it will show how many categories that are downloaded successfully.
Note: Always download category to update the category in the channel every time you create a new category in Bigcommerce.
Configure Channel to Publish data
When items are uploaded from a POS into Channel, they are uploaded with POS Department & Category structure. At the Channel level, it’s called Source Categories.
POS Category structure may or may not be the same as Bigcommerce Category structure.This option allows to ‘map’ POS category structure to Bigcommerce Categories so that POS items are placed in the right category when loaded into Magento platform.
- The Left hand side shows the POS category structure.
- Department & Categories downloaded from Bigcommerce are shown on the right hand side with a drop-down box.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped categories. To map additional categories, click unmapped categories from the drop-down menu, then select which category to map.
Note: If it does not show your Magento categories, you need to download categories first to update this.
You can download the Brands of product items displayed in Bigcommerce platform. Click on the download Button to start downloading. Once Brands are downloaded in Channel, they will show in Map Brands section. Map Brands shown on the next page.
This option allows to ‘map’ POS Brand structure to Bigcommerce Brands so that POS brand labels are placed in the right item when loaded into Bigcommerce platform.
- The Left-hand side shows the POS Brand structure.
- Downloaded Bigcommerce Brands from Bigcommerce platform are shown on the right-hand side with a drop-down box.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped brands. To map additional brands, click unmapped Brands from the drop-down menu, then select which brand to map.
Merchants using various POS systems may use any of the fields within a POS while creating items. Map Fields option allows a merchant to map Bigcommerce product fields with their own POS product fields.
For example, Bigcommerce website Product Name (Title) can be mapped with any of the POS data fields provided in the pull-down menu.
This also provides an option NOT to send certain POS data to Magento website.
Some fields, such as, SKU and Quantity are mandatory and are automatically updated in the website.
Publish POS/Channel data into Bigcommerce
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. In Product Management tab…
- First, you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting two items.
- Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below, we are selecting Bigcommerce as our shopping cart.
- Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the SCM (Shopping Cart Module).
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up for, will be shown in My Products page.
Bigcommerce Shopping cart
Bigcommerce Products page shows all point of sale products that are sync from the POS, Shopping Carts Module (SCM) shows only those items that are being updated to a shopping cart.
In Product Management, when an Item is selected to be published to an ecommerce platform, it is first sent to the Shopping Cart Module. SCM for each supported shopping cart, including marketplaces, like – Amazon and eBay, gives users the ability to define shopping cart specific rules. In this manual we are using Magento shopping cart.
To view products in Magento shopping cart:
- First, hover your mouse to the Shopping Carts tab. Click Magento under the drop down menu
- Click on Bigcommerce Products
Continue to next page…