Microsoft Dynamics RMS is a comprehensive POS platform designed for small and midsize retailers operating everything from a single store to a whole chain. It is a complete and scalable solution especially for those businesses that aim for significant expansion and growth.
Octopus RMS Link Installation Guide
Step 1: Click on the Octopus Link executable file.
Step 2: Once Octopus Setup Wizard will open, Click on ‘Next‘.
Step 3: Click on ‘Browse‘ and select the file location where RMS Link will be installed. After selecting file location click on ‘Next’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Next‘ to start the installation.
Step 5: Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Close‘.
Step 6: After your click close an Octopus Plug-in icon will show on your Desktop.
Step 7: Click on the Plugin icon to open User Authentication. Type in your Username, Password and click ‘Browse‘ to enter the License key provided and click Continue
Step 8: Enter the Database Information for RMS and Click ‘Save Database Information‘.
Step 9: Access the Octopus Plugin from the Taskbar menu located on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Right click on the Yellow Octopus icon and it will display a few options you can select.
Step 10: Scheduler settings can be Set/Changed under the “Options” tab
Step 11: Once you have set-up the Scheduler, you can to go to the Addresses tab to install, start or stop the service. (Always perform this step after you set the scheduler and save the settings)
Before setting up POS integration with the channel, make sure that you have done the following:
1. Magento admin has created a Read/Write account for OmniChannel. This allows OmniChannel to generate necessary API key.
2. Merchant needs to prepare a Category structure in Magento. This will be mapped with Point of Sale Category structure.
Magento API Requirements
Kindly provide the following details of Magento:
2. Magento Admin URL
3. Admin Login / Password
4. DataBase Name, Database UserName, Database Password
5. Table Name prefix.
NOTE: You can get prefix from Cpanel => PHP Admin => database => Name of Table
There may be 4 to 6 characters before the name of the table.
Note: Make sure to create a backup to all files and database of Magento store before sharing the above information with OmniChannel Commerce team.
This is just a precautionary step to avoid any unexpected situation.
Configuring POS System for OmniChannel Channel
An authorized OmniChannel Account Manager will help set up a merchant account on OmniChannel Channel (Channel Manager).
Obtain OmniChannel Channel URL, and API Keys. This information is to be setup at the POS system level.
Depending on the POS system being used, it may:
• Either have a built-in ability for configuration, Or
• It uses OmniChannel Link
Note: For OmniChannel Link configuration, please check OmniChannel Link documentation for your specific POS system.
After following Configuration documentation, upload a few test items into the Channel.
Generating Magento API Key
Log into your Magento store and follow the steps bellow:
Step I: Create a Web Service Role
1. From the Admin menu, select System > Web Services > SOAP / XML RPC Roles.
2. In the Role Information section, enter a Role Name such as “API.”
3. Click the Add New Role button.
4. Once API role is added, click on API to the left. It will bring you to another page.
5. In the panel to the left, select Role Resources. Set Resource Access to “All” to enable full access to customer, catalog, and sales information.
6. When complete, click the Save Role button.
Continue to the next page…
Step II: Create a Web Service User
1. From the Admin menu, select System > Web Services > SOAP / XML RPC Users.
2. Click the Add New User button.
3. Complete the following fields:
- User Name
- First Name
- Last Name
4. In the API Key field, enter a verification key or password. This is the credential that third-party web services must use to access your Magento store. This can be any string of letters or numbers you can remember.
5. To confirm, re-enter the key in the API Key Confirmation field.
6. In the panel on the left, select User Role.
7. Then, select a User Role for the user.
8. When complete, click the Save User button.
Setting up Channel to connect with Magento
Go to: gui.octopusbridge.com
Login using your account details:
- Password, and
- Merchant Name
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Magento > Settings
Type in the following information
- Magento API URL
- Magento User ID
- Magento Password
Enable Pass-through: While setting up the integration, this option should be first set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Magento platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system for the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Magento platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Magento have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in Magento. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in Magento first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download Magento Category:
1. First, you need to click on the Download Category tab
2. Then click on the ‘Download’ button