Microsoft Dynamics RMS is a comprehensive POS platform designed for small and midsize retailers operating everything from a single store to a whole chain. It is a complete and scalable solution especially for those businesses that aim for significant expansion and growth.
Octopus RMS Link Installation Guide
Step 1: Click on the Octopus Link executable file.
Step 2: Once Octopus Setup Wizard will open, Click on ‘Next‘.
Step 3: Click on ‘Browse‘ and select the file location where RMS Link will be installed. After selecting file location click on ‘Next’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Next‘ to start the installation.
Step 5: Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Close‘.
Step 6: After your click close an Octopus Plug-in icon will show on your Desktop.
Step 7: Click on the Plugin icon to open User Authentication. Type in your Username, Password and click ‘Browse‘ to enter the License key provided and click Continue
Step 8: Enter the Database Information for RMS and Click ‘Save Database Information‘.
Step 9: Access the Octopus Plugin from the Taskbar menu located on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Right click on the Yellow Octopus icon and it will display a few options you can select.
Step 10: Scheduler settings can be Set/Changed under the “Options” tab
Step 11: Once you have set-up the Scheduler, you can to go to the Addresses tab to install, start or stop the service. (Always perform this step after you set the scheduler and save the settings)
Before syncing product items from POS to your eBay account, we need to obtain eBay API credentials. Below are the steps in obtaining eBay API credentials.
STEP 1: Join eBay Developers Program: https://developer.ebay.com/join/default.aspx
STEP 2: eBay will send an Email to activate the account.
STEP 3: Account Activation
STEP 4: Get API credentials. This credentials will be used to connect your Channel account to your eBay account
Setting up Channel to connect to Ebay
Go to: http://gui.octopusbridge.com/octopus
Log in using your account details:
- User Name
- Merchant Name
Once logged in go to Setting. Credentials are generated from the eBay Developers Program. After generating credentials, fill up ebay details in this page.
Once you click on eBay marketplace, you will be routed to Ebay products page. This is where you can view all the products that you pushed from Product management.
- You can check the box/es to the right to select specific item/s to publish.
- Item per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
- Search tab: This tab allows you to search a specific item by entering the product SKU or keyword. It also displays how many items are in Ebay.
- Add Product to eBay: This button allows you to add products to eBay Marketplace.
- Edit/Publish Product: Click to edit or update product information before publishing to eBay. You can set Shipping profile, Return Policy profile and Category from here.
- Ebay Item ID: You can see Item ID if product is successfully uploaded to Ebay.
- Shipping Profile You can select profile by clicking on drop-down box base on the profile you created.
- Return Policy Profile You can select profile by clicking on drop-down box base on the profile you created.
- You can select a Category, basing on the added categories from Map Category section.
You can manually download orders from Ebay on a specific date period. Just type in the ‘date from’ and ‘date to’ then click Download Order button.
Categories tab is where you can add categories, assign categories to products and map categories with POS categories. It has four subsections: Master categories, Map categories, Update Product Categories, and Ebay Category Fields.
You can search for a specific category and set certain categories or subcategories in the Channel. Once you select and click on the box, category will be added to Map Categories section under Ebay categories.