Microsoft Dynamics RMS is a comprehensive POS platform designed for small and midsize retailers operating everything from a single store to a whole chain. It is a complete and scalable solution especially for those businesses that aim for significant expansion and growth.
Octopus RMS Link Installation Guide
Step 1: Click on the Octopus Link executable file.
Step 2: Once Octopus Setup Wizard will open, Click on ‘Next‘.
Step 3: Click on ‘Browse‘ and select the file location where RMS Link will be installed. After selecting file location click on ‘Next’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Next‘ to start the installation.
Step 5: Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Close‘.
Step 6: After your click close an Octopus Plug-in icon will show on your Desktop.
Step 7: Click on the Plugin icon to open User Authentication. Type in your Username, Password and click ‘Browse‘ to enter the License key provided and click Continue
Step 8: Enter the Database Information for RMS and Click ‘Save Database Information‘.
Step 9: Access the Octopus Plugin from the Taskbar menu located on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Right click on the Yellow Octopus icon and it will display a few options you can select.
Step 10: Scheduler settings can be Set/Changed under the “Options” tab
Step 11: Once you have set-up the Scheduler, you can to go to the Addresses tab to install, start or stop the service. (Always perform this step after you set the scheduler and save the settings)
Before syncing product items from POS to your BigCommerce account, we need to obtain BigCommerce API credentials. Below are the steps in obtaining BigCommerce API credentials.
1. To obtain API, first click on Advance Settings
2. Next, click on Legacy API Settings
3. Then click on Create a Legacy API Account
4. Type in OmniChannel under Username. Make sure to copy API details. You will need to enter this credentials in your OmniChannel Channel account.
5. Then click the Save button on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Setting up Channel to connect with Bigcommerce
First you need to login at: www.OmniChannelChannel.com
Login using your account details:
- Password, and
- Merchant Name
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Bigcommerce > Settings
Type in the following information
- Bigcommerce Key:
- Bigcommerce Secret Key:
- Bigcommerce Base URL:
Enable Pass-through for first time configuration, this option should be set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Bigcommerce have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download Bigcommerce Category:
- First you need to click on the Download Category tab
- Then click on the ‘Download’ button
- Once you download categories it will show how many categories that are downloaded successfully.
Note: Always download category to update the category in the channel every time you create a new category in Bigcommerce.
Configure Channel to Publish data
When items are uploaded from a POS into Channel, they are uploaded with POS Department & Category structure. At the Channel level, it’s called Source Categories.
POS Category structure may or may not be the same as Bigcommerce Category structure.This option allows to ‘map’ POS category structure to Bigcommerce Categories so that POS items are placed in the right category when loaded into Magento platform.
- The Left hand side shows the POS category structure.
- Department & Categories downloaded from Bigcommerce are shown on the right hand side with a drop-down box.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped categories. To map additional categories, click unmapped categories from the drop-down menu, then select which category to map.
Note: If it does not show your Magento categories, you need to download categories first to update this.
You can download the Brands of product items displayed in Bigcommerce platform. Click on the download Button to start downloading. Once Brands are downloaded in Channel, they will show in Map Brands section. Map Brands shown on the next page.
This option allows to ‘map’ POS Brand structure to Bigcommerce Brands so that POS brand labels are placed in the right item when loaded into Bigcommerce platform.
- The Left-hand side shows the POS Brand structure.
- Downloaded Bigcommerce Brands from Bigcommerce platform are shown on the right-hand side with a drop-down box.
- The drop-down menu shows mapped and unmapped brands. To map additional brands, click unmapped Brands from the drop-down menu, then select which brand to map.