Microsoft Dynamics RMS is a comprehensive POS platform designed for small and midsize retailers operating everything from a single store to a whole chain. It is a complete and scalable solution especially for those businesses that aim for significant expansion and growth.
Octopus RMS Link Installation Guide
Step 1: Click on the Octopus Link executable file.
Step 2: Once Octopus Setup Wizard will open, Click on ‘Next‘.
Step 3: Click on ‘Browse‘ and select the file location where RMS Link will be installed. After selecting file location click on ‘Next’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Next‘ to start the installation.
Step 5: Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Close‘.
Step 6: After your click close an Octopus Plug-in icon will show on your Desktop.
Step 7: Click on the Plugin icon to open User Authentication. Type in your Username, Password and click ‘Browse‘ to enter the License key provided and click Continue
Step 8: Enter the Database Information for RMS and Click ‘Save Database Information‘.
Step 9: Access the Octopus Plugin from the Taskbar menu located on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Right click on the Yellow Octopus icon and it will display a few options you can select.
Step 10: Scheduler settings can be Set/Changed under the “Options” tab
Step 11: Once you have set-up the Scheduler, you can to go to the Addresses tab to install, start or stop the service. (Always perform this step after you set the scheduler and save the settings)
Before syncing product items from POS to your BigCommerce account, we need to obtain BigCommerce API credentials. Below are the steps in obtaining BigCommerce API credentials.
There are two ways to perform this action:
a. If the store is created after 1st of August 2018, use this instruction.
b. For all stores created before, the second method will be suitable.
Log in to store’s control panel.
1. Go to Advanced Settings.
2. Step to API Accounts(the last item in the list).
3. Click Create API Account.
4. Enter a Name for the app/integration corresponding to your account. Copy the API Path and insert it into the appropriate field in Migration Wizard.
5. Under OAuth Scopes, specify the API resources and permissions to which your app/integration requires access. Choose Modify for all items.
6. After making changes, click Save.
7. Copy your API Credentials from the pop-up shown below and paste them into appropriate fields on the Migration Wizard (You need only Client ID and Access Token).
1. To obtain API, first click on Advance Settings
2. Next, click on Legacy API Settings
3. Then click on Create a Legacy API Account
4. Type in OmniChannel under Username. Make sure to copy API details. You will need to enter this credentials in your OmniChannel Channel account.
5. Then click the Save button on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Setting up Channel to connect with Bigcommerce
First you need to login at: www.OmniChannelChannel.com
Login using your account details:
- Password, and
- Merchant Name
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Bigcommerce > Settings
Type in the following information
- Bigcommerce Key:
- Bigcommerce Secret Key:
- Bigcommerce Base URL:
Enable Pass-through for first time configuration, this option should be set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Bigcommerce platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Bigcommerce have certain limitations with POS integration. One of which is the inability to create POS Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce. In order for the integration to work, make sure to create your Department & Category structure in Bigcommerce first. Once created, you can Download Category structure into the Channel.
To download Bigcommerce Category:
- First you need to click on the Download Category tab
- Then click on the ‘Download’ button
- Once you download categories it will show how many categories that are downloaded successfully.
Note: Always download category to update the category in the channel every time you create a new category in Bigcommerce.