Microsoft Dynamics RMS is a comprehensive POS platform designed for small and midsize retailers operating everything from a single store to a whole chain. It is a complete and scalable solution especially for those businesses that aim for significant expansion and growth.
Octopus RMS Link Installation Guide
Step 1: Click on the Octopus Link executable file.
Step 2: Once Octopus Setup Wizard will open, Click on ‘Next‘.
Step 3: Click on ‘Browse‘ and select the file location where RMS Link will be installed. After selecting file location click on ‘Next’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Next‘ to start the installation.
Step 5: Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Close‘.
Step 6: After your click close an Octopus Plug-in icon will show on your Desktop.
Step 7: Click on the Plugin icon to open User Authentication. Type in your Username, Password and click ‘Browse‘ to enter the License key provided and click Continue
Step 8: Enter the Database Information for RMS and Click ‘Save Database Information‘.
Step 9: Access the Octopus Plugin from the Taskbar menu located on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Right click on the Yellow Octopus icon and it will display a few options you can select.
Step 10: Scheduler settings can be Set/Changed under the “Options” tab
Step 11: Once you have set-up the Scheduler, you can to go to the Addresses tab to install, start or stop the service. (Always perform this step after you set the scheduler and save the settings)
Generating Amazon API Credentials
All Amazon Services accounts, except for Individual-Selling on Amazon accounts, are eligible to use MWS. If you are an individual seller and would like to use MWS, you can become eligible to register for MWS by upgrading to a Professional seller account.
Once you acquire Professional seller account.
Go to this link https://developer.amazonservices.com/ and Sign up for MWS
Next, make sure to select ‘I want to give a developer access to my Amazon seller account with MWS’. Type in Developer’s Name OmniChannel then enter the Developer Account number.
Read and accept Amazon MWS License Agreement then click ‘Next’.
Once you are done, you can now view your account identifiers which are the Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and MWS Auth Token, which OmniChannel will need to access your Amazon seller account.
Once logged in go to Setting. Credentials are generated from Amazon MWS. After generating credentials, fill up Amazon credentials on this page.
Once you click on Amazon marketplace, you will be routed to Amazon products page. This is where you can view all the products that you pushed from Product management.
- You can check the box/es to the right to select specific item/s to publish.
- Search tab: This tab allows you search a specific item by entering the product SKU or keyword. It also displays how many items are in Amazon.
- Edit Product: Click to edit or update product information before publishing to Amazon. You can set Price, Quantity and SKU from here.
- Sync Amazon: This button allows you to sync products to Amazon Marketplace.
- Delete Products: You can delete product items from Amazon bucket.
Amazon Product Details
ASIN – Amazon Standard Identification Number. If ASIN is shown in product details or Amazon Products page, it means that product is successfully synced to Amazon.
Map Item Code
- Sample Identifications: You can download sample identifications format and add items to upload to Channel.
- Import Identifications: You can download spreadsheet with existing products in Amazon bucket. You can make some changes from spreadsheet and re-upload product items.
- Choose file: Select a file to upload. Make sure spreadsheet file follows the Sample Identifications format.
- Upload file: Upload file after choosing a spreadsheet file.
You can manually download orders from Amazon on a specific date period. You can click on radio button selections or just type in the ‘date from’ and ‘date to’ then click Download Order button.
Download AMZ Data
- Seller SKU – seller SKU is mapped from the POS.
- Amazon will overwrite product data when these are set to Yes.
Stock Rule: You can select which Stock rule to use. Safety Net rule or Quantity rule. The quantity inserted in the box will be reduced from the Product Management stock. For example: In Product Management, if total quantity of an item is 50 and you inserted 10 in the ‘Enter Value’ field; in Amazon, the quantity of the item will be shown as 40.
1. Safety Net rule – set rule to prevent items from selli