Run your brick-and-mortar and E-Commerce store in one platform. Whether shoppers browse your store in person or from their smartphones, with Lightspeed’s system, you can offer a consistent experience and the same great service.
LightSpeed and OmniChannel integration
Lightspeed Setting Details
The setting tab is where you can enter the Lightspeed a API details to connect Octopus to Lightspeed. Make sure to generate your Lightspeed API details first before starting the integration.
To Generate API tokens for Lightspeed, go to lightspeed POS setting page and click on generate token in Octopus. It will redirect you to lightspeed and ask for the login details. Login and authorized our Octopus application and it will generate API details automatically.
You can select the sync status to enable or disable if you want to automatically update items from Octopus to your E-Commerce website.
Lightspeed Custom Rules
This is where we can set different settings for the products. This settings include Lightspeed Setting Panel, Schedule Setting panel, and Schedule Setting Panel.
Lightspeed Setting Panel
Use the same IDs in lightspeed under this panel.
Schedule Setting Panel
You can set scheduler time for automatic update or upload product data from System5. Scheduler time is set by time intervals.
Sync All Inventory – click on the box if you want to sync all products from the POS. Download Images from – you can click the drop-down menu to select which image/s to download from (Line item or Main item). You can Select SKU as – System SKU, Custom SKU, and Manufacturer SKU.
Field Lock Setting Panel
You can click on the box to select if you don’t want to update any data from Lightspeed to Octopus.
Make sure to do the following before setting up POS integration with OmniChannel channel:
1. Word Press Administator has created a Read/Write account for OmniChannel Channel. This allows OmniChannel to generate the necessary API key.
2. Merchant needs to prepare a category structure in Shopify. The category structure in Shopify will be mapped with POS category structure.
POS configuration for OmniChannel
An authorized OmniChannel Account Manager will help set up a merchant account on OmniChannel Channel (Channel Manager).
Obtain OmniChannel URL, and API Keys. This information is to be setup at the POS system level.
Depending on the POS system being used, it may:
● Either have a built-in ability for configuration, Or
● It uses OmniChannel link
Note: In configuring OmniChannel link, please see OmniChannel link manual for your specific POS
System configuration. A OmniChannel account manager will help you with set-up and training.
Shopify API Requirements:
Kindly provide the following details of Shopify:
1. Shopify Storefront URL
2. Shopify Admin URL
3. Admin Login / Password
Note: Make sure to back-up Shopify store (all files and database) before sharing the above information with OmniChannel Commerce team.
This is just a precautionary step to avoid any unexpected situation.
Generating Shopify API key
A Shopify Key is necessary to connect your Shopify store to OmniChannel.
Please follow the steps below to create an API key.
Type in your email address and Password
Once you’ve logged in, go to Apps
After following Configuration documentation, upload a few test items into the Channel.
Click on ‘View private apps’
Click on ‘Generate API credentials’
For Private app name, please type in OmniChannel
Contact email field is optional and can be left blank.
Then click the ‘Save’ button once you’re done.
These are the few fixes:
1. We need only these 2 keys to connect channel to the Shopify “API Key” as “Shopify Key” and Password as “Shopify Secret Key ”
2. The base URL should not contain http://
3. Base URL must be end with “/”
Once you’ve logged in, go to:
Shopping Carts > Shopify > Settings
Type in the following information:
- Shopify API Key
- Shopify Password
- Shopify Base URL
- Process Version
Enable Pass-through for first time configuration, this option should be set to ‘No’.
Setting to ‘No’, means that any items uploaded from the POS will remain in Channel level. They will not be pushed to your Shopify platform unless it is done manually. This is the recommended setting while configuring the system for the first time.
Once you’ve set it to ‘Yes’, any items uploaded from the POS will automatically be pushed to your Shopify platform. This is only recommended once the setting has been fully configured and tested.
Publish Items to Shopping cart / Marketplace
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. In Product Management tab…
- First you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting three items.
- Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below we are selecting Shopify as our shopping cart.
- Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the SCM (Shopping Cart Module).
- Export Filtered Date – You can export the data currently selected in Product Management.
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up for, will be shown in My Products page.
Configure Channel to Publish data
Merchants using various POS systems may use any of the fields within a POS while creating items. Map Fields option allows a merchant to map Shopify product fields with their own POS product fields.
For example, Shopify website Product Name (Title) can be mapped with any of the POS data fields provided in the pull-down menu.
This also provides an option NOT to send certain POS data to Shopify website.
Some fields, such as, SKU and Quantity are mandatory and are automatically updated in the website.
- The Left hand side shows the Shopify fields
- The right hand side shows the POS fields
Shopping Carts Module (SCM)
‘Shopify Products’ module shows all point of sale products that are sync from the POS, Shopping Carts Module (SCM) shows only those items that are being updated to a shopping cart.
In Product Management, when an Item is selected to be published to an ecommerce platform, it is first sent to the Shopping Cart Module. SCM for each supported shopping cart, including marketplaces, like – Amazon and eBay, gives users the ability to define shopping cart specific rules.
These rules may vary based on the eCommerce platform that you are using. For example, Items being sent to Shopify may have a different Product Name, Prices, and Quantity as compared to items being sent to eBay.
- Hover your mouse to the shopping carts tab
- Click Shopify under the drop down menu
- Click on Shopify products
Continue to next page…
- This screen shows items that have been enabled to be sync with Shopify. To publish items to Shopify, Select All Pages and Publish.
- You can also use the boxes to the right to select specific item to publish.
- Product SKU: The icon besides the product SKU is an indicator if a product item is successfully forwarded to the website / Marketplace. Green means successfully added while red means it is not successfully added.
- When an item has been successfully setup to sync with Shopify, it shows its Shopify ID. If an ID is missing, it means the item is not yet synch with Shopify.
- Add Product to Shopify: This button allows you to add products to a Shopify website.
- Search tab: This tab allows you search a specific item by entering the product SKU or keyword. It also displays how many items are in a Shopify.
- Item per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
In Custom Rules tab, Merchants can set various rules before publishing the product data into the online store.
- Custom Title: The Product Name can be edited and made Search Engine friendly.
- Stock Rule: The quantity inserted in the box will be reduced from the Product Management stock. For example: In Product Management, if total quantity of an item is 50 and you inserted 10 in the ‘Enter Value’ field; in Shopify, the quantity of the item will be shown as 40.
- Out of Stock Rule 1: Select the Checkbox if you want to delete products from Online Store when stock reaches at ‘Zero’.
- Out of Stock Rule 2: Select the Checkbox, if you want to Prevents shoppers from buying an ‘Out of Stock’ item.
- Invisible Posting: You have the option to track inventory by Shopify.
- Out of Stock Rule 3: Select the Checkbox, if you want to Prevents shoppers from buying an ‘Out of Stock’ item.
- Inventory Management: Check this if you do not want to track Inventory by Shopify.
- Country Name/Code: Check this if you want country name in orders. Some POS systems require it.
- Marge Existing Images: Check this if you want to marge existing images in Shopify
- Payment Rule: Check this if you accept multiple payment method in single order.
See image on the next page…
Note: Remember that the rule(s) set here will be applied to all the products being uploaded from Channel to Shopify.
Octopus Channel Intro
Once you are signed up to Octopus Bridge, you will be given the login details. Login details are your Email and Password. You can login to your account at http://gui.octopusbridge.com.
Once you login to the Octopus using your login details, you are automatically routed to the Product Management tab. Here, you can see all the product items uploaded from the POS.
When POS items are uploaded into the Channel, they show up under the “Product Management” tab. This is where a user can further modify the products before they are pushed to an E-commerce platform.
The topmost item or the first item displayed in this page is the last item uploaded from the POS. Example shown below: The item with Product SKU number “100472991036” is the last item uploaded from the POS.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.1 below.
1. Advance search: To use Advance Search, click on the round symbol with the plus sign on the right side of the screen.
2. Shopping cart module: To select a shopping cart module, click on the check-box beside the name. This gives you the option on what shopping cart you want to push your selected items. Please note you will see only the platforms for which you have subscribed.
3. Select All Pages: Checking this box Selects ALL items on all pages that are under ‘My Products’.
4. Items per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
5. Clicking on this check-box will select all the items shown on the current page.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.2 below.
6. Clicking on the product SKU or Item Name will allow you to edit product information.
7. Delete: To delete one item from the channel, select the check-box and click on the ‘trash bin’ icon located on the right side of the screen.
8. Archive: To Archive items click on this symbol located below the delete icon.
9. Clicking on this box allows you to select one item or multiple items.
You can search for a specific item using this Channel feature by typing in the Item SKU, Parent SKU. You can also filter number of items by other specific values, like the (brand, category, date, etc.)
If Product items are not shown after doing search, it means that the product item is not yet linked from the POS. Also, make sure that in searching items you are using the correct Item SKU or Parent SKU. Example below shows that item is not yet found in the Channel.
Clicking on Product SKU or Item Name will bring you to ‘Edit product’ page. This is where you can edit products’ information that are linked from the POS to Octopus Channel. Image 3.1 on the next page shows all the product information you can edit.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 3.1 on the next page.
- You can create new product name to be displayed in your E-commerce platform, make sure to click on the box to prevent over-writing Product Name from the POS.
- Make sure to create a Parent SKU for matrix items.
- If you want to create a new description to be displayed in your E-commerce platform, make sure to check box to prevent POS description from over-writing description in your E-commerce platform.
- If you are creating a matrix item make sure to input Style Name and Style Value.
- You can upload up to five images per item in the channel. Make sure to reload page after uploading image/s.
If you do have a point of sale system or want to quickly edit items by Exporting / Importing multiple items, Import Products is a great option.
- Click Add New Template to start .
- Click History to to select a file to upload on Channel.
- Click Import New once a template was created.
- Notify- you can type in your email to get notifications if modications are being made in the file. Modify- click to update files. Delete- delete existing files from the list.
Add New Template:
You can view the past import activities in the channel by clicking on Import History.
- File Type: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select the File Type.
- Type in the name of the file you wish to create.
- Column Delimeter and Text Qualifier: Use only if file type is a text file.
- Save file after choosing the file type and the file name.
POS Code Mapping
You can use POS code mapping if you want to map POS value to Channel value. POS value are commonly in a form of a code. For example blk. You need to set blk into black which is more understandable for users viewing the website. You can also map multiple values at the same time using a spreadsheet format.
1. POS Code Upload Format: You can view the excel format by clicking.
2. Choose File: select spreadsheet file to upload.
3. Click on upload after selecting file.
4. Select Field Name.
5. Replace All Value: Click to replace value after selecting Field Name.
6. Item per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
7. Search: You can search specific value using the search bar.
8. Channel Value: Edit Channel value here.
Publish Items to Shopping cart/Marketplace:
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. Please follow the steps below to publish.
1. First you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting three items.
2. Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below we are selecting Shopify as our shopping cart.
3. Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the Shopify ‘bucket’.
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up, will be shown in My Products page.
Shopping Cart Module:
Once you have selected and added your product items to a specific Shopping cart module or Marketplace module ‘bucket’, they will start appearing under the respective bucket. Images are shown below.
Shopping Carts tab
Order management tab is where you can view all the order details downloaded from your E-commerce platform.
- Source of Orders: Select Marketplace / Shopping cart
- Order status: Paid, Shipped, Decline
- Username, Email: Customer’s username or email address
- Order no: Specific order number of Marketplace / Shopping cart
- Sort order on a specific date period.
- Channel Manager Order number: Click on the order number to view Order details.
- Page tab: You can select which page you want to display by clicking on the page number at the bottom.
Note: One order may contain more than one product item.
Orders are downloaded automatically from the E-commerce platform to the Channel on a scheduled basis. You can also manually download orders from a specific E-commerce platform. Just click on the orders tab in the Shopping cart module you selected then click on ‘Download orders from..’ button.
Order details page is where you can view all the order information downloaded from an E-commerce platform.
Order information (upper part) – Order number, Order date, Current Order status, Billing and shipping address, and customer contact details.
Order information (lower part) – SKU, Identification number, Seller SKU, Description, Quantity, and Total value of the item/s.
View all the Channel activities and errors in the ‘Logs’ tab.
- You can search logs on a specific date period or search using a keyword in the search tab at the top.
- You can export logs to a CSV in your local drive.
- You can view Log details by clicking on the ‘view’ button on the right-hand side of the screen.
Log Details is where you can view the log activities or the error details in the channel.
Basic Troubleshooting and Faqs
I can’t see my product items uploaded from PoS.
Check if the item/s are imported in Product Management first, then check Shopping ca..
Images are not uploading from PoS to website.
Check Octopus if images are shown Product Management or in product details. If images are shown. Make sure items are in the Shopping Cart Module and uploaded or updated to Ecommerce platform. If problem still occurs please contact [email protected]
Product information are not updating in the website.
First, check if product data is updating in Octopus, if product data is in Octopus make sure that data or information is mapped to the correct fields by checking the nap fields section of SCM.
How do I know if Product items are uploaded to the website successfully?
Login to you website backend and check if product items are showing up. You can also check Shopping Cart module if it generates an ID.
How do I know if orders are downloaded to Octopus successfully?
Please refer to page 32.
Is there a way to automate downloading of orders from E-Commerce website to PoS?
Since we don’t have this option in the Channel, contact helpdesk and they will make the adjustments from the backend.
The number of items in PoS does not match the number of items in Octopus.
Some PoS Systems count their Matrix items as one item regardless of the number of variations it has while in Octopus each item are counted as individual items.