Run your brick-and-mortar and E-Commerce store in one platform. Whether shoppers browse your store in person or from their smartphones, with Lightspeed’s system, you can offer a consistent experience and the same great service.
LightSpeed and OmniChannel integration
Lightspeed Setting Details
The setting tab is where you can enter the Lightspeed a API details to connect Octopus to Lightspeed. Make sure to generate your Lightspeed API details first before starting the integration.
To Generate API tokens for Lightspeed, go to lightspeed POS setting page and click on generate token in Octopus. It will redirect you to lightspeed and ask for the login details. Login and authorized our Octopus application and it will generate API details automatically.
You can select the sync status to enable or disable if you want to automatically update items from Octopus to your E-Commerce website.
Lightspeed Custom Rules
This is where we can set different settings for the products. This settings include Lightspeed Setting Panel, Schedule Setting panel, and Schedule Setting Panel.
Lightspeed Setting Panel
Use the same IDs in lightspeed under this panel.
Schedule Setting Panel
You can set scheduler time for automatic update or upload product data from System5. Scheduler time is set by time intervals.
Sync All Inventory – click on the box if you want to sync all products from the POS. Download Images from – you can click the drop-down menu to select which image/s to download from (Line item or Main item). You can Select SKU as – System SKU, Custom SKU, and Manufacturer SKU.
Field Lock Setting Panel
You can click on the box to select if you don’t want to update any data from Lightspeed to Octopus.
Generating Amazon API Credentials
All Amazon Services accounts, except for Individual-Selling on Amazon accounts, are eligible to use MWS. If you are an individual seller and would like to use MWS, you can become eligible to register for MWS by upgrading to a Professional seller account.
Once you acquire Professional seller account.
Go to this link https://developer.amazonservices.com/ and Sign up for MWS
Next, make sure to select ‘I want to give a developer access to my Amazon seller account with MWS’. Type in Developer’s Name OmniChannel then enter the Developer Account number.
Read and accept Amazon MWS License Agreement then click ‘Next’.
Once you are done, you can now view your account identifiers which are the Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and MWS Auth Token, which OmniChannel will need to access your Amazon seller account.
Setting up Channel to connect to Amazon
Go to: http://gui.octopusbridge.com
Login using your account details:
● · User Name
● · Password
● · Merchant Name
Once logged in go to Setting. Credentials are generated from Amazon MWS. After generating credentials, fill up Amazon credentials on this page.
Once you click on Amazon marketplace, you will be routed to Amazon products page. This is where you can view all the products that you pushed from Product management.
- You can check the box/es to the right to select specific item/s to publish.
- Search tab: This tab allows you search a specific item by entering the product SKU or keyword. It also displays how many items are in Amazon.
- Edit Product: Click to edit or update product information before publishing to Amazon. You can set Price, Quantity and SKU from here.
- Sync Amazon: This button allows you to sync products to Amazon Marketplace.
- Delete Products: You can delete product items from Amazon bucket.
Amazon Product Details
ASIN – Amazon Standard Identification Number. If ASIN is shown in product details or Amazon Products page, it means that product is successfully synced to Amazon.
Map Item Code
- Sample Identifications: You can download sample identifications format and add items to upload to Channel.
- Import Identifications: You can download spreadsheet with existing products in Amazon bucket. You can make some changes from spreadsheet and re-upload product items.
- Choose file: Select a file to upload. Make sure spreadsheet file follows the Sample Identifications format.
- Upload file: Upload file after choosing a spreadsheet file.
You can manually download orders from Amazon on a specific date period. You can click on radio button selections or just type in the ‘date from’ and ‘date to’ then click Download Order button.
Download AMZ Data
- Seller SKU – seller SKU is mapped from the POS.
- Amazon will overwrite product data when these are set to Yes.
Stock Rule: You can select which Stock rule to use. Safety Net rule or Quantity rule. The quantity inserted in the box will be reduced from the Product Management stock. For example: In Product Management, if total quantity of an item is 50 and you inserted 10 in the ‘Enter Value’ field; in Amazon, the quantity of the item will be shown as 40.
1. Safety Net rule – set rule to prevent items from selling when this number is reached. For example, in example below, when an item available quantity is reached 2, the items will be delisted from Amazon.
2. Set Quantity Rule – Can be used if you have more than 1 item to sell but you want to list only 1 item at a time. This gives the shoppers a sense of urgency. When the listed item is sold, it relists another one automatically.
Octopus Channel Intro
Once you are signed up to Octopus Bridge, you will be given the login details. Login details are your Email and Password. You can login to your account at http://gui.octopusbridge.com.
Once you login to the Octopus using your login details, you are automatically routed to the Product Management tab. Here, you can see all the product items uploaded from the POS.
When POS items are uploaded into the Channel, they show up under the “Product Management” tab. This is where a user can further modify the products before they are pushed to an E-commerce platform.
The topmost item or the first item displayed in this page is the last item uploaded from the POS. Example shown below: The item with Product SKU number “100472991036” is the last item uploaded from the POS.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.1 below.
1. Advance search: To use Advance Search, click on the round symbol with the plus sign on the right side of the screen.
2. Shopping cart module: To select a shopping cart module, click on the check-box beside the name. This gives you the option on what shopping cart you want to push your selected items. Please note you will see only the platforms for which you have subscribed.
3. Select All Pages: Checking this box Selects ALL items on all pages that are under ‘My Products’.
4. Items per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
5. Clicking on this check-box will select all the items shown on the current page.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 2.2 below.
6. Clicking on the product SKU or Item Name will allow you to edit product information.
7. Delete: To delete one item from the channel, select the check-box and click on the ‘trash bin’ icon located on the right side of the screen.
8. Archive: To Archive items click on this symbol located below the delete icon.
9. Clicking on this box allows you to select one item or multiple items.
You can search for a specific item using this Channel feature by typing in the Item SKU, Parent SKU. You can also filter number of items by other specific values, like the (brand, category, date, etc.)
If Product items are not shown after doing search, it means that the product item is not yet linked from the POS. Also, make sure that in searching items you are using the correct Item SKU or Parent SKU. Example below shows that item is not yet found in the Channel.
Clicking on Product SKU or Item Name will bring you to ‘Edit product’ page. This is where you can edit products’ information that are linked from the POS to Octopus Channel. Image 3.1 on the next page shows all the product information you can edit.
The list of functions that are designated can be found on Img 3.1 on the next page.
- You can create new product name to be displayed in your E-commerce platform, make sure to click on the box to prevent over-writing Product Name from the POS.
- Make sure to create a Parent SKU for matrix items.
- If you want to create a new description to be displayed in your E-commerce platform, make sure to check box to prevent POS description from over-writing description in your E-commerce platform.
- If you are creating a matrix item make sure to input Style Name and Style Value.
- You can upload up to five images per item in the channel. Make sure to reload page after uploading image/s.
If you do have a point of sale system or want to quickly edit items by Exporting / Importing multiple items, Import Products is a great option.
- Click Add New Template to start .
- Click History to to select a file to upload on Channel.
- Click Import New once a template was created.
- Notify- you can type in your email to get notifications if modications are being made in the file. Modify- click to update files. Delete- delete existing files from the list.
Add New Template:
You can view the past import activities in the channel by clicking on Import History.
- File Type: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select the File Type.
- Type in the name of the file you wish to create.
- Column Delimeter and Text Qualifier: Use only if file type is a text file.
- Save file after choosing the file type and the file name.
POS Code Mapping
You can use POS code mapping if you want to map POS value to Channel value. POS value are commonly in a form of a code. For example blk. You need to set blk into black which is more understandable for users viewing the website. You can also map multiple values at the same time using a spreadsheet format.
1. POS Code Upload Format: You can view the excel format by clicking.
2. Choose File: select spreadsheet file to upload.
3. Click on upload after selecting file.
4. Select Field Name.
5. Replace All Value: Click to replace value after selecting Field Name.
6. Item per Page: Clicking this will create a drop-down box where you can select how many product items to be displayed per page.
7. Search: You can search specific value using the search bar.
8. Channel Value: Edit Channel value here.
Publish Items to Shopping cart/Marketplace:
After you update item information under ‘Edit Item’ page, you can go ahead and publish this item/s to a specific Shopping cart or Marketplace. Please follow the steps below to publish.
1. First you need to select which item/s you want to publish. In the example below shows we are selecting three items.
2. Next, select which Shopping cart or Marketplace you want to publish the item. In the example below we are selecting Shopify as our shopping cart.
3. Then click on the Add icon on the right to publish. Once you are done, items can now be viewed under the Shopify ‘bucket’.
Note: Only Shopping carts and Marketplaces that you signed up, will be shown in My Products page.
Shopping Cart Module:
Once you have selected and added your product items to a specific Shopping cart module or Marketplace module ‘bucket’, they will start appearing under the respective bucket. Images are shown below.
Shopping Carts tab
Order management tab is where you can view all the order details downloaded from your E-commerce platform.
- Source of Orders: Select Marketplace / Shopping cart
- Order status: Paid, Shipped, Decline
- Username, Email: Customer’s username or email address
- Order no: Specific order number of Marketplace / Shopping cart
- Sort order on a specific date period.
- Channel Manager Order number: Click on the order number to view Order details.
- Page tab: You can select which page you want to display by clicking on the page number at the bottom.
Note: One order may contain more than one product item.
Orders are downloaded automatically from the E-commerce platform to the Channel on a scheduled basis. You can also manually download orders from a specific E-commerce platform. Just click on the orders tab in the Shopping cart module you selected then click on ‘Download orders from..’ button.
Order details page is where you can view all the order information downloaded from an E-commerce platform.
Order information (upper part) – Order number, Order date, Current Order status, Billing and shipping address, and customer contact details.
Order information (lower part) – SKU, Identification number, Seller SKU, Description, Quantity, and Total value of the item/s.
View all the Channel activities and errors in the ‘Logs’ tab.
- You can search logs on a specific date period or search using a keyword in the search tab at the top.
- You can export logs to a CSV in your local drive.
- You can view Log details by clicking on the ‘view’ button on the right-hand side of the screen.
Log Details is where you can view the log activities or the error details in the channel.
Basic Troubleshooting and Faqs
I can’t see my product items uploaded from PoS.
Check if the item/s are imported in Product Management first, then check Shopping ca..
Images are not uploading from PoS to website.
Check Octopus if images are shown Product Management or in product details. If images are shown. Make sure items are in the Shopping Cart Module and uploaded or updated to Ecommerce platform. If problem still occurs please contact [email protected]
Product information are not updating in the website.
First, check if product data is updating in Octopus, if product data is in Octopus make sure that data or information is mapped to the correct fields by checking the nap fields section of SCM.
How do I know if Product items are uploaded to the website successfully?
Login to you website backend and check if product items are showing up. You can also check Shopping Cart module if it generates an ID.
How do I know if orders are downloaded to Octopus successfully?
Please refer to page 32.
Is there a way to automate downloading of orders from E-Commerce website to PoS?
Since we don’t have this option in the Channel, contact helpdesk and they will make the adjustments from the backend.
The number of items in PoS does not match the number of items in Octopus.
Some PoS Systems count their Matrix items as one item regardless of the number of variations it has while in Octopus each item are counted as individual items.